Protecting You Against DWI, Traffic Violations And Minor Criminal Offenses
Since 1975, D’Alessandro & D’Alessandro, LLC, has vigorously defended the rights of clients in Northern and Central New Jersey. If you have been charged with a municipal court matter, attorneys at our firm can provide you with experienced and knowledgeable defense.
DUI And Traffic Violations
Our lawyers assist clients with a wide range of traffic violations in municipal court, including:
- DUI/DWI — We handle repeat drunk driving offenses, underage DUI, breath test refusal and numerous other issues in this area of law.
- Underage possession of alcohol — This can be a far more serious matter than many teens and adults realize.
- Reckless/careless driving or speeding — A conviction for reckless driving results in five points on your license, a fine of up to $200 and up to 60 days in jail. A conviction for careless driving can result in up to 15 days in jail. Our attorneys also fight speeding ticket charges.
- Driving with a suspended license — When your license is suspended, you may not legally drive for any reason. New Jersey does not make exceptions for driving to work or to a medical appointment.
Minor Criminal Offenses
We defend clients against all types of minor criminal charges in municipal court such as:
- Domestic violence, assault or harassment — A conviction for domestic violence may prevent you from entering your own home, and aggravated assault can lead to a prison sentence. Charges of harassment can arise from unwanted phone calls, emails or visits.
- Disorderly conduct — This is often a catch-all charge that covers disruptive public behaviors such as fighting or disrupting a public gathering.
- Ordinance violations — Municipal courts also enforce municipal ordinances, including fish and game laws as well as weights and measures laws.
Where We Can Help You
We are familiar with the processes and procedures of municipal courts in Somerset County, Morris County, Hunterdon County and beyond, including:
- Bedminster Township Municipal Court – Bedminster Municipal Court now shares services with Bernardsville and Peapack Gladstone. Judge Katherine Howes, J.M.C., now presides over the Bedminster Township Municipal Court in the Miller Lane facility every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Miles S. Winder III is the prosecutor.
- Bernards Township Municipal Court – D’Alessandro & D’Alessandro, LLC, is conveniently located down the street from the Bernards Township Municipal Court on Collyer Lane in Basking Ridge. Prosecutor Stephen O. Davis tries cases each Tuesday at 9 a.m. Katherine Howes, J.M.C., is the presiding judge in Bernards Township Municipal Court.
- Borough of Bernardsville Municipal Court – The Bernardsville Municipal Court merged with Bedminster and all Bernardsville matters are now heard in the Bedminster Court. Miles S. Winder III, also serves as municipal prosecutor with regard to all Bernardsville matters.
- Borough of Peapack-Gladstone – All Peapack-Gladstone tickets and complaints are heard by Judge Katherine Howes, J.M.C., at the Bedminster Township Municipal Court in the Miller Lane facility every Tuesday from 11:00 a.m. to at 4:00 p.m. Miles S. Winder III is the prosecutor.
- Borough of Far Hills Municipal Court – The far Hills Court is located at 6 Prospect St., Far Hills, NJ 07931. Marc S. Adler, J.M.C., is the presiding judge in Far Hills and Richard Guss is the prosecutor. Court dates are the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month.
- Municipal Courts of Bridgewater Township and Somerville Borough – As of April 1, 2014, the Somerville Court has relocated to Bridgewater. Judge William T. Kelleher Jr. presides over both courts at 100 Commons Way. Bridgewater Court is held on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Somerville Court is held on alternate Thursdays at 8:30 a.m.